The SAGE Journey Institute offers internship opportunities for students who have attended SAGE-Camp (California) or the Summer Physics Camp for Young Women (Mexico/Hawaii).
INTERNSHIPS Funded by SAGE
The SAGE Journey offers internship opportunities for students who have attended SAGE Camp or the Summer Physics Camp (New Mexico/Hawaii).
The primary goal of the program is to provide interns with a stimulating, real-world laboratory experience that focuses on SKILL DEVELOPMENT and PROFESSIONAL GROWTH.
Each intern is partnered with a mentor, typically a scientist, engineer, or other staff, who ensures that the intern is developing the skill defined at the start of the program. The primary goal of the program is to provide interns with a stimulating, real-world research experience.
Some examples of areas for skill development:
- Motion control and automation, including robotics
- Temperature, vacuum and environmental monitoring
- Industrial controllers and PLCs
- DC and pulsed power
- Personnel safety systems, interlocks, access control and monitoring
- Software and hardware control systems
- RF power distribution and control.